Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Maths Journal

One of the suggestions during my Natural Maths training was that as a studio (class) we keep a journal of our numeracy lessons. I have actually found that this works really well with my learners and acts as a quick revision at the start of the each lesson, as we look at what we did the previous lesson. I will be the first to admit, it is just another task that has to be done daily and there are times where I struggle to keep it up to date. I started out making each page quite elaborate last year and it just wasn't sustainable. This year I have simplified the structure with a couple of photos and quick explanation. Sometimes I will glue the photos on and as a group we construct the explanation together. 
I bought this very cheaply from the Reject Shop




No comments:

Post a Comment