Monday, June 15, 2009

Making Cube Mobiles

We used the nets found on SEN TEACHER to construct these cubes. They worked very well. 

I have 24 students in my class, many with limited English skills, therefore it was much easier to help a small group at a time on the carpet. 



I asked students to cut out the net pattern at their tables and write their name somewhere on the net. 
When they had finished cutting, I had  a task that they could independently complete. 

I called a small group of approximately 5 students to come to the carpet with glue and their net. I made sure to have some scissors handy to fix the nets that had not been cut out properly. They glued the net onto cardboard with the net facing upwards (so the lines can be seen). They cut around net again and glued it together. Children went back to their tables to decorate. When they had finished decorating, they resumed the independent task and waited for their turn again (if needed).










No comments:

Post a Comment