Saturday, September 10, 2011

Falcon Cam

I have been going a little crazy searching for live webcams. I find it interesting to be able to check out what is going on in different parts of the world. I have been searching the website EarthCam and started browsing the Top10 webcams from around the world. I came across this webcam of a nest of Woodmen Falcons in Omaha, United States. You can find it here. It would be great to have it streaming in your classroom or kindergarten.You can zoom in and move the screen in all directions.


I have looked at live webcams with my students and some are absolutely amazed that they can see pictures from other parts of the world. Others, who have been exposed to all sorts of technology still enjoy watching them if it is something exciting and engaging. I am working with mainly children who have arrived in Australia in the last year. Many come from countries and homes where the internet was a luxury, so it is that bit more special for them.

*PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE MAY BE AN ADVERT BEFORE THE WEBCAM IS SEEN. (May not be recommended for children. Perhaps switch the volume off)

No comments:

Post a Comment