Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Boggles World ESL Website


I came across this website from a simple google search when looking for alphabet bingo. There are 70 different kinds of bingo. The great thing about this website is that you can select what kind of bingo you want and it opens to a bingo board it has generated. Hit refresh and you will get another bingo board. It makes this task very easy and saves a lot of time. I have made lower case and capital letter bingo but there are many themes available. 

I keep them in a folder in plastic sleeves and put a little bit of sticky tape up top so they don't slide about. I am tired of laminating and this makes storage very easy on a shelf somewhere. I made sure I had 2 copies and numbered them so that if one goes missing, I do not have to sort through the originals trying to find which one I need to photocopy again. It has been a fantastic way for my ESL students to practice their letter names. For more experienced learners, you may ask them to think of a word that begins with or contains or ends in, that letter. 

Click here to see the full list of bingo boards available.

No comments:

Post a Comment