Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mini Maths Sets

I had some spare wooden boxes for dominoes as I had emptied them all into one shared basket. I decided the boxes were perfect for mini maths kits that I could grab quickly. We are currently learning about numbers 0-20, so in these boxes so far are 20 counters. We might add some flashcards and dice also. It's much easier to ask a pair of students to take a box and have all the resources they need for that lesson ready. Prior to this I had been counting out 10 or 20 counters for each student, which takes a lot of time away from learning. I find it very time efficient and students can count out  or share the amount of counters they need for that particular lesson. As we move topics, I will be able to change the contents. 



No comments:

Post a Comment